Dinosaur Dog: ASS

Monday, March 26, 2012

ASS





Future as always been kind of scary, but somehow with her head on my chest and our pubes tangled, it’s easy to forget it. There are others details like hips and lips and the bed moving and the neighbours listening to music very loudly. With the sun shining over us and people possibly watching us having sex and her boobs looking at me at breakfast, things look really easy. I could get married and live happily ever after if nothing ever changed. I guess all I ever needed was a girl I would not want to screw things up with. (YES THAT'S A PREPOSITION AND FUCK YOU)

Tanlines’ album is finally out and well it’s great. Listen to it asap. Thanks.



So you know, last year and the year before, one of the big thing was that shit people called post-dubstep which really was more deconstructed R&B than anything else. I was a big listener of James Blake and How To Dress Well. Well there’s a bit of this and that in Lapalux’ music, with more samples. There is also a bit of witch house : listen to Gone and think of Salem, and some lighter tunes like Yellow 90’s. Shining like an acid disco ball, this one is easier to get. Still, none of these tracks will be love at first hearing I guess.

Lapalux is an experimental pop artist quite similar to Baths, one of my personal favorites. The beats bite, they’re sour, and arrhythmic, the vocals are ethereal, sometimes fading, sometimes shrilling. These songs lack apparent structure, but there’s a deep emotional content, an apparent weakness and a heart-breaking fragility in them, in the mumbled lyrics or in the shooting sounds or in the warped vocals. I’d walk long walks at night listening to him, in empty streets ; I’ll dodge whores and drunkards, nasty kids and begging homeless and walk hours without even thinking about it.

I guess I know why I love 102 Hours of Introduction best. I looked for that feeling a long time, but I finally found what its beginning reminded me of : the saddest and most beautiful song ever. For information, this song is Hot Chip and Robert Wyatt’s «We’re Looking For A Lot Of Love » remixed by Geese. I’ve no idea where this connection comes from and I don’t care, I just cherish it for the sake of it. It also reminds me lightly of Vondelpark and Jacques Greene’s Another Girl but that doesn’t really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment