Dinosaur Dog: Royal interview

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Royal interview




The new EP of Get Flavor, drifting aways from the housey-afro beat kind, it presents a cold 90s-inspired twostepish song "someone warm like you". So much for over-adjectivisation.


Given that Olie Macfarlane is a nice guy, he accepted to answer a few questions.

What is the first music you can remember of?

I remember when I was about six really wanting the first Daft Punk album. "Around The World" was playing on TV all the time and it was the first tune i can remember wanting to play over and over.


Is Bristol overated?

Absolutely not, if anything it's underrated! it's a beautiful city, with such an amazing atmosphere. I live in the cultural quarter, which is fantastic, all the shops are independently run and it's got a really nice feeling to it. Also the nightlife in Bristol puts other places to shame!

Who is the best queen ever?

Weird question, as I've only been alive when Elizabeth has been on the throne. I guess Queen Victoria would be pretty awesome, she was such an imposing personality and she did so much for the progress of the world.


What is your wedding gonna be like?

I hope it'll just be a load of people I love having an amazing time, I haven't really put a lot of thought into it really, I'm still young! I'd definitely have a huge party for the reception though, scrap the usual wedding DJs, whoever's playing at mine is going to be sick!

What is the best about being King?

I guess just the freedom to do whatever you want with as much money as you could possibly want! I'd probably go mental and just make a fort out of money or something... haha

Did you cry when watching the Lion King?

It was the first film I ever watched in the cinema, my dad took me when I was three I think, and i don't remember crying. I'm sure I'd get a lot more emotional about it now!

Who will win godzilla, A Tyranosaurus Rex Or Prince Charles?

Well godzilla is effectively a huge T-rex anyway, so i think that puts it between Charlie and Godzilla. I reckon Godzilla would have a pretty good run but then Charles would whip out his Mecha-Prince suit and take him down...

You released your EP on a french Label, do you think it can be considered as a treason towards the crown?

I'm not much of a royalist anyway, not many people are nowadays... I love France, i always have. My Grandma has a house in Normandy so I tend to go there on holiday with my family often. I pretty much grew up on French music, Daft Punk, the Ed Banger crew and all the other French House labels got me through a lot of my teens, so to be signed on a French label was awesome.


What is the royalest dog?

I guess Corgis are usually associated with the Queen, and they are pretty cool,


but Springer Spaniels are where it's at. I've got one and she's crazy, the world would be a better place if there were more Spaniels... haha



Who's warm nowadays?

I'm loving Tyler the Creator and Odd Future at the moment, they're making some pretty next-level stuff.



I'm also a massive fan of Kingthing, the way he makes beats is wicked. He's remixing one of my tracks for a future EP on Four40 records actually, so look out for that! 

  


(hé oui!)


No comments:

Post a Comment